Jeremy A. Sitcoff is a shareholder in the Denver law firm of Levin Sitcoff specializing in the areas of insurance bad faith, personal injury and commercial litigation.
He has significant litigation and trial experience. His accomplishments include:
- Trial counsel in Cherry Creek Oriental Rugs v. Auto-Owners Insurance Co. (D. Colo.). Represented antique Persian rug store against its insurer for failing to provide insurance coverage for water losses. Following a jury verdict in favor of client on claims of unreasonable delay and denial of insurance benefits (C.R.S. § 10-3-1115 and -1116), the case settled for $620,000.
- A seven figure settlement of a bad faith lawsuit against an insurance company for failing to defend a general contractor in a construction defect lawsuit.
- A seven figure settlement of a lawsuit against an insurance company for failing to settle a lawsuit brought against a builder/developer by a homeowners association.
- A seven figure settlement in a bad faith and negligence lawsuit regarding a failure to procure appropriate insurance coverage for a construction project
- $1,550,000 settlement of bad faith lawsuit against an insurance company arising out of the automobile insurance company’s failure to pay its $50,000 liability limits.
- $3,000,000 settlement of a bad faith lawsuit against an insurance company for failure to defend a class action lawsuit.
- A seven figure settlement of a bad faith lawsuit against an insurance company for failure to settle a lawsuit brought against foster parents for injuries allegedly suffered by a foster child in their care.
- A seven figure settlement in a trucking accident case.
Mr. Sitcoff received his undergraduate degree from McGill University in Montreal, Quebec, Canada, and his Masters Degree from the University of Toronto. He is a 1997 graduate of The John Marshall Law School, where he served as Editor-in-Chief of The John Marshall Law Review. He was a member of the 1997 Robert F. Wagner, Sr. National Labor Law Moot Court team which received the award for Best Respondent’s Brief.
After graduation, Mr. Sitcoff served as law clerk to the Honorable Jose D.L. Marquez for the Colorado Court of Appeals. He is a member of the Illinois (inactive) and Colorado bars and the Denver, Colorado, and American Bar Associations. Mr. Sitcoff belongs to the Colorado Trial Lawyers Association and the American Association for Justice. He serves as Vice Chair on the Board of the Legal Community Credit Union. He has lectured in the areas of insurance coverage and bad faith law.
Mr. Sitcoff has been selected by his peers to the 2016 – 2019 editions of The Best Lawyers In America® in the area of insurance law. He was recognized as a Top 100 Colorado Super Lawyer in 2017, and a Colorado Super Lawyer between 2011-2018. He has Martindale Hubbell’s highest AV rating as voted by his peers.